CRAN release: 2023-11-02
- Allow time to be defined as CE besides BP. NOTE that this adds a parameter to a number of functions. If those functions were used without explicitely naming parameters, old code might give an error as the order of parameters has now changed).
- Add Barreto et al 2023 (based on PALEO-PGEM, covering the last 5 M years)
- Add all the WorldClim data (present, and future projections with multiple models and emission scenarios).
- Add the HYDE 3.3 database providing information on agriculture and population sizes for the last 10k years.
- Change the units of Krapp et al 2021 to match those of other datasets. Also, fix data duplication of some variables which has now also been fixed on the OSF repository for that dataset.
distance_from_sea()to work on series rather than just on slices.
- Speed up
region_*()functions when subsetting the extent/cropping.
CRAN release: 2023-04-25
- Updates on how time is handled to stay in sync with changes in
CRAN release: 2023-01-06
- Added lai to Krapp2021 (the variable is now also present in the original OSF repository for that dataset).
- Change column names in
- Allow for interpolation of nearest neighbours in
location_series(), and allow for a buffer on estimates returned by the
- Update of Krapp2021 files to make them compatible with how
terranow handles time. Users will have to re-download datasets. Old files can be removed with
Provide additional information about variables and their units, and create pretty labels for plots.
Names of locations are now stored automatically in the outputs.
Update how time is handled to work with
terra1.6-41 (which now imports units from netcdf files).
Expand functionality to handle time series for regions; rename functions to extract data for regions and locations to make them consistent. Old code will still work, but will raise a warning that the functions are deprecated.
Remove the need for
pastclimData, we now put any data in the user dir returned by
R>=4.0.0. This removes the need of re-downloading the data when upgrading
Add monthly variables to Beyer2020 and Krapp2021.